In my last blog, I spoke about the diagnosis of fibromyalgia with the root causes related to hormonal and chemical imbalances. Treatments for fibromyalgia are as important to pinpoint as the diagnosis itself. Supplementation with natural ingredients and intravenous drips are the most effective treatments.
The Top Supplements for Fibromyalgia are:
- Magnesium Citrate – Fibromyalgia is linked to magnesium deficiency and magnesium supplements helps to reduce pain.
- Fish Oil has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to reduce inflammation, a leading cause of fibromyalgia pain. It also improves immune system functioning.
- Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D deficiency can exacerbate autoimmune conditions including fibromyalgia.
- D-Ribose – taking a ribose supplement helps to improve sleep, energy levels and mood. If you are diabetic, D-ribose may lower blood sugar and if you are on insulin or other common diabetes medications.
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb that helps to normalize physiological functions after stress and may help to increase your tolerance to stress.
- Turmeric can help relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia and is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory agents available, better than both aspirin and ibuprofen.
Vitamin drips are also used in the treatment for fibromyalgia. The most effective drip is a Myer’s Cocktail. It can provide an increase in energy, improved clarity, less depression and anxiety, improved mood, and reduce pain. Originally developed by Dr. John Myers of Johns Hopkins Hospital, it’s a simple potent vitamin drip comprised of a mix of nutrients that is customized to treat fibromyalgia.
The vitamins and supplements used in the cocktail include:
- Magnesium Chloride: It helps in the prevention of inflammation. Magnesium chloride is most beneficial in the treatment of asthma, migraines, and high blood pressure.
- Calcium Gluconate: Works to improve blood calcium, the most important factor in building strong bones.
- B Complex: The eight B vitamins promote healthy hair and skin, improves cognitive capabilities and lowers stress levels.
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system.
Lifestyle changes to improve fibromyalgia symptoms include exercise and regular physical fitness routines. This includes walking, running, weight training and swimming. Acupuncture, massage, reiki, yoga, Tai Chi and meditation all have shown to reduce pain, depression and anxiety associated with fibromyalgia.
Essential oils are also highly beneficial in fibromyalgia treatments. The best are:
- Eucalyptus Oil – used for pain and inflammation. This oil can be inhaled or added to humidifiers and even in bath water for great results.
- Peppermint Oil – Often used in aromatherapy, it is effective in relieving anxiety, pain, and nausea. It has been shown to improve memory and increase alertness. Peppermint oil can also be used for calming skin irritations.
- Lavender Oil- Known for its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties. It is also effective in helping to heal burns.
- Lemon Oil –It helps balance your stomach pH level and decrease the effects of migraines.
- Ginger Oil- supports digestion and helps with leaky gut.
- Sandalwood- improves skin hydration and relieves tension.
- Rosemary – relieves headaches, alleviates stress, and stimulates circulation to treat scalp-related conditions.
- Chamomile – It has powerful calming benefits that can be an effective mood enhancer.
Next week, I will discuss the best diet for fibromyalgia treatment.