Just those two words “rose water” can evoke a sense of beauty, fragrance and serenity. Rose water is made by mixing rose petals with water, usually with distilled water and steamed to carefully prepare the very effective holistic properties of the mix.
Rose water has been used as an effective healer for centuries and contains numerous, powerful antioxidants. It’s rich in vitamins C, A, D, E & B-complex and the minerals zinc, iron, and selenium. It has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
It has many uses, including:
• Your skin: it can protect skin cells against damage, act as a soothing balm for irritation caused by eczema and rosacea. It also acts as an anti-aging agent that reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It can help heal cuts, burns and scars. Apply it to your skin topically, or mix it with moisturizers or natural oils.
• Your breathing: Used as aroma therapy it can relax muscles in the throat and
treat a sore throat as a tea.
• Your Vision: Used as drops, rose water becomes a treatment for conjunctivitis, dry eye,
cataracts and other degenerative conditions.
• Your mood: Used as vapor therapy, rose water can improve mood and aid relaxation.
it has antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties and helps induce sleep and has been used to treat depression and help relieve stress.
• Your headaches: With aromatherapy, it can ease headaches and migraines.
• Your digestion: Rose water tea can help symptoms of bloating and nausea, increase bile flow and can work as a laxative. It can also be used for relief of painful menstruation.
You can buy it in health stores or make it yourself. Keep it around the house or office as a handy way to naturally eliminate stress and irritations both internal and external.