Aloe Vera juice can be the perfect tonic for overindulgence and kitchen mishaps this holiday season. This powerful and natural remedy can soothe your hangover and salve a burn at the same time with a bounty of nutrients like vitamins A, C, E, and most of the B’s, as well as minerals like potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron, selenium, folic acid and calcium. It contains fatty acids and eight essential amino acids that also hydrates effectively.
You may already be familiar with the healing powers of the Aloe Vera plant when it comes to burns, acne and damaged skin, but when you mix it with fruit juice or into a smoothie, the benefits are even more plentiful.
Here are some of the ways Aloe Vera juice can benefit you:
- As a detox drink- Aloe Vera juice is full of amino acids, vitamins and minerals that make it one of the best detox cleansers. It contains an enzyme called bradykinase, which rids the body of harmful waste products.
- As a laxative – Studies have shown that Aloe Vera juice has laxative properties that help empty the intestine naturally.
- As a pain killer – Aloe Vera juice is a natural anti- inflammatory that eases joint and muscle pain. It’s especially effective with arthritis.
- As an immune system boost- Aloe Vera juice contains polysaccharides (a carbohydrate) that reduces inflammation and decreases immune system responses like asthma and Crohn’s disease. It also contains carrisyn, an ingredient in aloe that stimulates the production of white blood cells and has antifungal and antibacterial properties that strengthen your immune system’s defense.
- As a cholesterol fighter and blood sugar control- Aloe Vera juice has been shown to lower blood sugar levels as well as support healthy insulin levels. It also contains beta sitosterol (a plant sterol) that can lower high cholesterol levels in your blood.
- As a digestive aid- Aloe Vere juice helps with digestion problems like IBS and excess stomach acid. It increases alkalization and balance to your system.
- As an oral solvent- Aloe Vera juice reduces inflammation and eliminates harmful bacteria that cause gums to bleed.
- As a hair tonic- Aloe Vera juice can promote hair growth, improve pH balance, retain moisture and clear dead skin that clogs your pores.
As with anything else, you don’t want to overdo it. Aloe Vera juice can induce a harsh laxative effect when taken too frequently and can create an electrolyte imbalance. You should drink Aloe Vera juice that is all natural and not made from concentrate or with any preservatives to ensure you are getting the maximum benefits.