One of the most useful things on the grocery shelf is apple cider vinegar. It is full of enzymes and beneficial bacteria that when consumed raw, organic and unfiltered can improve your health in many ways. Noted, it doesn’t taste great (has anything “good for you” ever tasted great?) and should never be taken straight from the bottle because it can irritate your esophagus. When diluted with a glass of water and maybe a little organic honey to sweeten it up, it can improve your life. Take it once a day or just before every meal and you’ll see some stark improvements. Here’s a top ten:
- Improves your Alkaline pH Level – Helps with the acid-alkaline balance in the body. Everyday diets, pollutants and toxins can throw you off your balance, and this can help keep you in line.
- Regulates Blood Sugar – Taken before meals it can reduce postprandial glycaemia, and is highly recommended for those who struggle with diabetes.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Apple cider vinegar contains potassium and magnesium, which lowers sodium levels and helps with high blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels walls.
- Improves Cholesterol levels – It contains the antioxidant chlorogenic acid that helps increase HDL, or “good” cholesterol and helps control triglycerides.
- Natural Detoxification – Apple cider vinegar helps stimulate blood circulation and aids in the removal of harmful environmental toxins, especially in the liver. It also breaks up mucus build-up and cleans the lymph nodes.
- Candida Killer – It aids in eliminating candida in the body and serves as a prebiotic for healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Digestive Aid – Apple cider vinegar stimulates digestive juices that help the body digest food. It also helps with indigestion, bloating, gas and instantly calms down heartburn.
- Weight Loss – Apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before a meal will help you to feel full sooner, and eat less.
- Osteoporosis – It aids in the absorption of calcium, an essential mineral for preventing osteoporosis and helps to ensure proper calcium absorption to strengthen your bones.
- Eliminates Free Radicals – Antioxidants in apple cider vinegar helps to reduce free radicals in the body.
Apple cider vinegar can also be a useful tool around the house and in personal hygiene.